How to Fix “ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR” for Google Chrome
- Check the Date of Your System.
- Clear Browsing Data.
- Clear Your SSL State.
- Disable QUIC Protocol of Chrome.
- Check Your Antivirus Settings.
- Check Your Firewall.
- Disable Extensions.
- Adjust Your Internet Security and Privacy Level.
How do I get rid of this connection is not secure Chrome?
Open Chrome, type chrome://flags in the address bar, then press “Enter“. Type the word “secure” in the search box at the top to make it easier to find the setting we need. Scroll down to the “Mark non-secure origins as non-secure” setting and change it to “Disabled” to turn off the “Not Secure” warnings.
How do I fix SSL not secure?
Here is what you need to do when installing SSL security:
- Purchase an SSL Certificate. To fix the ‘not secure’ message on your website, the first thing you need to do is purchase an SSL certificate.
- Install the Certificate Using Your Web Host.
- Change Your WordPress URL.
- Implement a Site-Wide 301 Redirect.
How do I update SSL certificate in Chrome?
- Open the browser.
- Click Customize and control Google Chrome button in the upper right corner.
- Choose Settings.
- Under Privacy and security section, click More.
- Click Manage certificates, The new window will appear.
- Choose Trusted Root Certification Authorities tab.
- Click Import.
- In the opened window, click Next.
Why is Chrome telling me my connection is not private?
A “your connection is not private” error means your browser cannot verify whether a website is safe to visit. Your browser issues this warning message to prevent you from visiting the site, because visiting an unsafe or unsecure site may put your personal information at risk.
How do I make Chrome open unsecure websites?
Change settings for a specific site
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- Go to a website.
- To the left of the web address, click the icon you want: Lock. Info. Dangerous.
- Click Site settings.
- Change a permission setting.
How do I make my connection secure?
How can I secure my internet connection?
- Rename routers and networks.
- Use strong passwords.
- Keep everything updated.
- Turn on encryption.
- Use multiple firewalls.
- Turn off the WPS setting.
- Use a VPN.
Why does my browser keep saying security certificate is not valid?
Update Chrome and your operating system: Sometimes an SSL certificate error can simply be due to using an outdated version of Chrome. To make sure yours is up-to-date, click on the menu. If you have an old version of the browser, you will see an “Update Google Chrome” option.
How do I trust an SSL certificate in Chrome?
Chromebook and Windows OS verification
Navigate to chrome://settings and scroll down to ‘Advanced’. Under “Privacy and Security,” click “Manage Certificates.” On the popup that was launched, select “Trusted Root Certification Authorities’. The certificate will be displayed there.
How do you fix your connection is not private attackers might be trying to steal your information?
Some antivirus software and web security programs will block unusual SSL certificates or connections. To fix “Your connection is not private,” you’ll need to turn off the SSL scanning feature. If you don’t know where to find it, you can try to disable your antivirus entirely and reopen the site on your browser.
Why some websites are not opening in Chrome?
There could be something wrong with your Chrome profile that’s causing problems. Uninstall Chrome and make sure to check the box to delete browsing data. Then reinstall Chrome. Uninstall and reinstall extensions.
Why is Google not letting me go to websites?
If websites can be accessed without issue in an alternative browser, try clearing out the cache and cookies stored by Chrome from the Settings page. Switching off the “Predict network actions to improve page load performance” option under the Privacy heading may also fix the problem.
How do I check if my network is secure?
The Wifi Settings opens. Click Manage known networks. Click the current wifi network your are connected to, and click Properties. Next to Security type, if it says something such as WEP or WPA2, your network is protected.
How do I enable SSL certificate?
Under Install and Manage SSL for your site (HTTPS), click Manage SSL Sites. Scroll down to the Install an SSL Website and click Browse Certificates. Select the certificate that you want to activate and click Use Certificate. This will auto-fill the fields for the certificate.
How do I change my SSL certificate?
Changing the certificate
- Navigate to the Secure Certificates page.
- To the right of your domain, click the Settings button.
- The current certificate displays on this page.
- To the right, click the Add New Certificate button.
- On this page, select which type of certificate you’d like to change to.
How do you restart Google Chrome?
Here’s how: Type chrome://restart in the Address bar, you will notice the browser shut down and restart. All previously opened tabs – and any other windows with Chrome open – will now be restored.
How do I find the SSL certificate information?
To check an SSL certificate on any website, all you need to do is follow two simple steps. First, check if the URL of the website begins with HTTPS, where S indicates it has an SSL certificate. Second, click on the padlock icon on the address bar to check all the detailed information related to the certificate.
Take a look at the Certification Path tab and ensure all of the certificates are OK. If they’re bad they should have a red X. Also, you can click on each node in the certification path to view the certificate at each level; visually inspect each one and ensure they are OK.
How do I turn off SSL in Windows?
In the navigation tree, under SSL 3.0, select Server and then, in the right pane, double-click the Enabled DWORD value. In the Edit DWORD (32-bit) Value window, in the Value Data box leave the value at 0 and then, click OK. Restart your Windows server. You have successfully disabled the SSL v3 protocol.
How do I disable SSL certificate in Windows 10?
Press Windows Key + R Key together, type certmgr. msc, and hit enter. You will get a new window with the list of Certificates installed on your computer. Locate the certificate you want to delete and then click on the Action button then, click on Delete.
How do I clear the cache in Google Chrome?
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Click More tools. Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files,” check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
How do I allow Chrome to access the network in my firewall?
How can I let Chrome access the network in my firewall settings?
- Press Windows + R to open the Run command, enter Control Panel in the text field, and click on OK.
- Click on System and Security.
- Next, click on Allow an app through Windows Firewall under Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click the Change settings button.
Why some websites are not opening in any browser?
You are having issues with your network connection. Your Internet service provider might have blocked access to specific websites, e.g., YouTube, Blogger, or maybe a personal domain. Your Windows Firewall is blocking access to a particular website. Your browser is loading the webpage from its internal cache.
How do I fix SSL protocol error?
8 Things to Do When Experiencing ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR:
- Clear SSL State.
- Verify SSL Certificate (DNS settings haven’t fully propagated yet).
- Check the System Time and Date.
- Clear Browser Cache and Cookies.
- Disable Browser Extensions.
- Update Browsers to Latest Version.
- Update Your Operating System.
How do I know the security type on my Wi-Fi?
How to Check Your Wi-Fi Security Type in Android. To check on an Android phone, go into Settings, then open the Wi-Fi category. Select the router you’re connected to and view its details. It will state what security type your connection is.
How do I check my router security settings?
Open a web browser, type your router’s IP address in the address bar, then press Enter. Enter your router’s user name and password. You’ll then be logged into the router’s admin page. From here, you can view and change your network settings.
Why does Chrome keep telling me my connection is not private?
The “your connection is not private” error message is exactly what it sounds like. It’s a message from your browser that informs you that the connection is not secure. This means that if you aren’t using an antivirus or encryption, your device will be a gold mine for hackers.
How do I access a website that is not secure?
Try the ways given below to open non-secure websites in Google Chrome.
- Open In Incognito Mode (PC Only) The first fix you can try is opening that page in the Incognito window.
- Check Date & Time. As mentioned earlier, most of the websites have already adopted HTTPS.
- Proceed To Unsafe.
- Turn Off The “Not Secure” Warnings.
What will happen if we set the SSL Enable option to on?
On setting the SSL Enabled property to True, you will now find the SSL URL property auto populated with the new https URL. Now that you have enabled SSL and possess the new https URL, attempting to access this URL on a browser results in a ‘Your connection is not private’ error.
How do I change SSL settings in Chrome?
Enable SSL/TLS in Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome.
- Press Alt + f and click on settings.
- Select the Show advanced settings option.
- Scroll down to the Network section and click on Change proxy settings button.
- Now go to the Advanced tab.
- Scroll down to the Security category.
- Now check the boxes for your TLS/SSL version.
How do I change Certificates in Chrome?
In Chrome, go to Settings. On the Settings page, below Default browser, click Show advanced settings. Under HTTPS/SSL, click Manage certificates. In the Keychain Access window, under Keychains, click login, under Category, click Certificates, and then, select your Client Certificate.
How do I accept SSL certificate in Chrome?
Open Chrome settings, scroll to the bottom, and click Show advanced settings… Click the Trusted Root Certification Authorities tab, then click the Import… button. This opens the Certificate Import Wizard.
How do I download SSL certificate from Chrome?
Follow the steps to download the SSL certificate in Windows using Chrome browser
- Windows Chrome Browser. Now click on the lock button on the left of the url to see Certificate (valid)
- View Certificate.
- View Certificate 1.
- Certificate Path.
- Copy to File.
- Browse & Export.
Do I need to update Chrome?
Improved speed and performance. Chrome makes staying safe easy by updating automatically. This ensures you have the latest security features and fixes as soon as they’re available.
What happens if you relaunch Google Chrome?
The browser saves your opened tabs and windows and reopens them automatically when it restarts. Your Incognito windows won’t reopen when Chrome restarts. If you’d prefer not to restart right away, click Not now. The next time you restart your browser, the update will be applied.
Where are SSL certificates stored?
They can be encoded in Base64 or DER, they can be in various key stores such as JKS stores or the windows certificate store, or they can be encrypted files somewhere on your file system.
How can I tell if a site has SSL?
The simplest answer to the question, “How do you know if you have an SSL certificate?” is to check if the website has a padlock icon on the address bar. If you want to know the validity period of the SSL certificate, you can click on the padlock icon.
How do I clear my certificate cache?
- Open the Start menu.
- Search for and open Internet Options.
- In the dialog box that appears, select the Content tab.
- Click Clear SSL State.
Why am I getting a security certificate warning?
If your computer has the wrong date and time set, this can cause certificates to appear invalid & your web browser will begin to issue security warnings. If you notice that the Date and Time is continually incorrect even after manual adjustment, your machine may need to be serviced to replace its CMOS battery.
Why is my SSL certificate not trusted?
The certificate not trusted error indicates that the SSL certificate is not signed or approved by a company that the browser trusts. This occurs most often for one of the following reasons: The web site is using a self-signed certificate.